After a few weeks of what have been easy topics for me this weeks topic from The Broke and The Bookish I found quite difficult. I think because a lot of the male characters I read about are seen from a girls point of view and many are the romantic interest in the books so they are written to be crushed one. However I tried to imagine me as a fictional character with all my interests in a boy and how characters compared to that and I do have a list, just not quite of ten.
- Xander from Matched by Ally Condie Although I appreciated that Cassia was in love with Ky for me Xander would have been the one I think. There was just something about him and the way he thought that drew me to him and I liked that he had made the decision to be part of the rising before anyone else. He was clever and I like clever boys.
- Edward Cullen from Twilight by Stephenie Meyer Edward was my very frist fictional crush. I am quite old fashioned and his traditional views on relationships won me over straight away. Don’t get me wrong he frustrated me too but I saw so much of the guy I fancied at the time in him too that I definatly crushed on him when reading the books and I’m sure would if I was in then.
- Peeta Melark from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins This is a bit of an odd one to admit if I am honest becuase when I read the books I wasn’t convinced who I liked. When he lost his memory however I realised just how much I like his devotion to Katniss and I missed their romance. Its this devotion and his innocence that would make me fall for him if I was a charcter but it also helps his actor in the film it really cute.
- Alex from Angel by LA Weatherly Alex is probably the only real bad boy on my list and he isn’t really that of a bad boy. I just enjoyed reading about him when I read the books. I was furious when Seth was introduced because to me Alex is so lovely and the person I think Willow should be with.
- Mikey from You Against Me by Jenny Downham Mikey is just a really good guy. He wants the best for his sister but also the truth. I think I could easily fall for him.
- Adam from Before I Die by Jenny Downahm I am unsure about putting Adam on my list because I think he is partly here because of the gorgeous actor that plays him in the film. However in the books he is also lovely and I feel like we could help each other through this madness of making decision about uni.