Another good topic this week from The Broke and The Bookish, out Top Ten Things That Make Life As A Reader/Blogger Easier. I have to admit I don’t quite have 10 things again this week but I’ve a few things that make both loving reading and blogging just that bit more accessible.
- Goodreads – discovering this website has been amazing for my OCD about reading. I can now keep track of what I’ve read in a year, what I thought of books and discover new ones.
- Kindle – for me the kindle is a good thing and that’s because I travel, so it saves me a lot of space and weight in my case. and it also saves me a little money but it will never replace a good old fashioned book.
- Library – again this one is mainly for the money, I couldn’t have afforded to by half the books I’ve read but I also love that the library is full of great books that no-one else really knows about and discovering them is always a pleasure.
- Reviews – with so many books out there to choose from and a mind that would happily devour them all it’s good to be able to read others peoples opinions of them so can rule some out and stop the To-Read list reaching the moon.
- Friends Who Read – you need to have friends who read as a reader because sometimes when you finish a book you have to talk about it and if you’re friends don’t read the can’t understand that emotionally connection never mind run read the book too so you can feel the pain together.
- Scheduling – this is a vital tool for keeping on top of any weekly posts you like to do, particularly if you have a busy life or like to travel and I love that on a good day I can be on top of my blog for when those weeks come around and I have too much to do
- Other Blogs – I still don’t feel very confident in my blogging even though it’s been almost a year and a half so I like to check other blogs out to see how they do things
- Book Memes – this kind of ties in to the last point as it gives me some content for those weeks I’ve not finished a book but I also enjoy getting involved in them, as it fuels and satisfies my passion for books
- Comments – I’m not sure if this makes it easier as such but I love comments, reading although everyone does it alone is actually such a social thing because there is always discussion to be had and comments allow us to share out passion as well as feeling a little pleased people like our blogging.