This topic of our Top Ten Books I Was Forced To Read from The Broke and The Bookish is a really interesting one. There can’t be many reasons why you were forced to read a book so my list is made up of the ones we had to read for school that I enjoyed. I don’t have a list of 10 but these are the books I was surprised by at both primary and secondary school.
- Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian
- The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare
- The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Witch Child by Celia Rees