Off The Shelf 2013 is the most popular challened hosted by Bookish Ardour. The goal is to read books on your shelves that have gone unread for far too long. Selecting books from the year before (in this case, 2012 and before), read as many of the unread ones as you can. It’s up to you if you want to keep them or give them away afterwards, the main goal is to turn those unread books into read ones. There are various levels as with many challenges ranging from just 5 books all the way up to 200. As I am already doing a few other challenges this year I am only picking level one, TEMPTED and aim to at least read 5 books. However if I go over that can only be a good thing. If you want to sign up and make more of a dent than me you can do so here.
The Finer Details
- The Main Rule: Do not include books acquired during 2013, it defeats the purpose, read those books from before 2013 started.
- Running dates for all 2013 challenges: 1st of January – 31st of December 2013
- Sign-Ups are accepted until the 16th of December 2013.
- Formats: All BA Challenges are eBook, audio, short story, and graphic novel friendly.
- Crossovers: You’re welcome to crossover with BA’s challenges. Include as many books across all the challenges as you can, I always say.
I’m looking forward to this challenge, my physical TBR pile seemed to dramatically increase last year for some reason so there are plenty of books for me to choose from. I’m not going to pre-pick my books for this challenge but I am going to review them as I will link them here as I write them.