This week we’ve been asked by The Broke and The Bookish for our Top Ten Book Turn-Offs. This is a great topic and I can’t wait to see what everyone else is going to put on their lists. For me however I can actually think of only a few things that really put me off a book;
- Small Print – If there writing in the books is really small it often looks like the page is way too crowded and I just can’t concentrate on it.
- Large Print – This is makes me sounds really fussy but size of print is important when reading a book for me and too big makes me feel like the books making up for something.
- No Chapters – I like the natural breather you get from chapters and I hate putting a book down in the middle of one so if there is no chapter I just can’t stand it.
- Lack of Punctuation – This is something that came up recently with a book I read and it just infuriated me, I couldn’t keep track with the speech and I missed the point and the enjoyment of the book.
- Girly Covers – I’m not really into girly books and if the cover looks girly I wont go near it
- Movie Covers – I appreciate for the author their book being made into a movie is a great thing but when I see a book I want to be able to pictures its events as the words inspire me not how someone else has seen them.
- Vampires – I’ve had my fix of vampires and now I tend to stay away from them unless highly recommended
- High Fantasy – This is a little vague but I just don’t like knights and fairies and magic and things like that.