Usually I don’t like when The Broke and The Bookish give us topics about genres or settings but this week we have Top Ten Books With X Setting and I managed to think of a good one for a change. I have decided on books set during war or conflict. I have read quite a few books set during real conflicts around the world particularly the Second World War so there was enough to pick out 9 of the best. (I couldn’t decide between the other ones which I would put 10th and I wanted to stick with ones turned to fiction so didn’t include Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank)
Germany – Nazi – Hitler
- Annexed by Sharon Doger
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian
- When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit by Judith Kerr
Lithuania – Soviets – Stalin
- Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys
- Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini – Set during conflict in Afghanistan
- Over A Thousand Hills I walk With You by Hannah Jansen – Set During the conflict in Rwanda
What Are Your Favourite Books Set During War/Conflict?
What Setting Did You Pick?