I found this weeks topic from The Broke and The Bookish particularly difficult. We are supposed to list our Top Ten Books When I Need Some Light and Fun however I don’t really read a lot of books that fall under that title. My mum especially goes on about the depressing nature of my books and so I only a few books for this weeks list.
- Vegan Virgin Valentine by Carolyn Mackler
- Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone by JK Rowling
- The Poison Apples by Lily Archer
- Holes by Louis Sachar
If I am in the need of something more light though rather than pick up a particular book I tend to go look in either;
- my local libraries – There are two I can walk to, one is really close but don’t have a big collection and the other takes longer to get too but has a better choice of books.
- or on Amazon in the Kindle Freebie section – I don’t know if it’s just the type of books the make free or because it doesn’t matter if they are good because they were free but kindle freebies are always a bit more light hearted