So after not very much consideration I have decided that I am going to challenge my love of Dystopian and take part in Blog of Erised’s Dystopian Reading Challenge 2013. The aim of the challenge is to try and read 24 dystopian novels between 1st January 2013 and 31 December 2013 although there are different levels and badges are gained as you reach each one.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Each month will have its own link form so you will be able to share your book reviews. You do not have to review the books you read to participate, but only those who read/reviewed at least one dystopian book will be able to participate in the giveaway (you can track your reading without the reviews with Goodreads, Shelfari etc.).
- Books that count in this challenge must include any form of post-apocalyptic theme (book sites like Goodreads are good sources of genre information). The books must be full-length.
- All formats allowed.
- Rereads allowed.
- It does not matter whether it’s a series or a stand-alone book.
- If you are participating, grab the challenge button from below and post it on you blog. You can also make a post with the header (the code is also below). Please include the link back to this post so others will be able to participate as well.
- If you will participate, put the sign-up link to your blog post (about the challenge) or blog (for the button) directly into the linky below. Sign-ups will be open until December 20, 2013.
- You do not have to list your books in advance, go and do as you please. Read as many as you want (you can read more than 24!) and whenever you want, as long as you have fun!
- Info about the giveaway will be available in December 2013.
If you want to join in you can sign up here where you will also find a list of some of the dystopian novels you could read for the challenge.
I can’ t wait to get started on this challenge and I have created a page for this challenge where I will put links to the posts of the books I have read as I review them.
So far I have a rough idea of the books I want to get through for the challenge. There are a lot of next books in series coming out and even a few films so I am going to re-read whole series. This means a lot of them so far on my list are re-reads but you can’t beat a great dystopian novel.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Mokingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Slated by Teri Terry
- Fractured by Teri Terry
- Matched by Ally Condie
- Crossed By Ally Condie
- Reached by Ally Condie
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
- Requiem by Lauren Oliver
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- Next in Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- Fever by Lauren DeStefano
- Sever by Lauren DeStefano
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Tomorrow When The War Began by John Marsden
- Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
- The Program by Suzanne Young
- The Declaration by Gemma Malley
- The Resistance by Gemma Malley
- The Legacy by Gemma Malley
This list covers me for the challenge but I do have other dystopian novels on my to-read list that I may get into instead or as well.