Yesterday I came across a website that provides suggestions for list of ‘Top Ten Books’ in a variety of situations. It looks quite amusing so I am going to give it a go. Although I do worry I may forget about it, or put the same books every week. I’ll try not to.
This weeks Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and The Bookish is the Top Ten Books I’d Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens (or any other natural disaster…you get the drift. ) I know it is now Wednesday but I didn’t have time to finish it yesterday.
I found this really difficult because I love all my books and I wouldn’t know which were more important than the others. However after a lot of thinking, and seeing what others have picked I have managed to narrow it down to ten, so here we go;
1. Oh My Goth by Gena Showalter I bought this book on holiday from a very small popular book shop and I have never seen it again so I would like to save as it. Plus it is a really enjoyable and interesting story.
2. Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman This book really gets to me as it is a emotional book that grabs your attention and emotions and carries you right to the end. I think it tells a lot of truth about how we lived and in some way stay live and I think it is an important book to save.
3. Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian This was one of the first novels I ever read and helped to start my book obsession. I also got it from my friend and consider it worth saving.
4. Pippy Longstoking by Astrid Lindgren, Richard Kennedy and Edna Hurup My mum bought me this book when I was a little girl and I haven’t even it finished it yet. I would save it because I want to finish it but also it means a lot to me as my parents said I looked like her when I use to wear my hair in pig tails.
5. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma My reason for saving this one is similar to Noughts & Crosses. I read this book before it was actually released which I love and I really really enjoy reading it.
6. Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank This is a really good book, it tells us about life in a truthful way and makes us realise that we really can’t complain.
7. The Green Mile by Stephen King I haven’t finished this book, and I love the film so I would save it so I could finally finish it.
8. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer This book started off my obsession with series books, but it is also my most read book as all my friends read my copy so I would save it for its because of that as well as being a good book.
9. Journey to the Edge of the World by Billy Connolly My boyfriend bought me this book Christmas just passed as I had looked at it every time I seen it and I really like Billy Connolly.
10. my Kindle It may be cheating but my kindle is really important to me, it helps me save money cause I love to buy books and there are a lot of interesting ones on there you can’t find in shops. I would have to save this cause I have put a lot of time and money into it that I don’t want to lose.
I am still not convinced that I am happy with my list but it will have to do for now.